Marconi Society Events
The Marconi Society holds its own events and is proud to share information about events involving Marconi Society Fellows, Young Scholars and friends that create awareness about important policy issues and scientific breakthroughs in the field of telecommunications and the Internet.
2019 Marconi Society Young Scholar Symposium
May 17, 2019 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm – Stanford University
Nothing But Net: How the Net and the Web Will Continue to Shape Our World
Celebrate 30 years of the World Wide Web with panels of leading young engineers who are creating the future of communications. We will discuss the latest developments in security, mobility and emerging technologies.
New technologies and approaches to creating better, faster, cheaper connectivity.
Marconi Fellow, Director of Advanced Photonics Research
at Nokia-Bell Labs
- Dr. Di Che (2018 Young Scholar, Nokia Bell Labs)
- Min-Yu Huang (2019 Young Scholar, Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Dr. Qurrat-Ul-Ain Nadeem (2018 Young Scholar; Researcher, University of British Columbia)
- Dr. Negar Reiskarimian (2017 Young Scholar, Asst. Prof. MIT,
- Bichai Wang (2019 Young Scholar, Tsinghua University)
Realizing the promise of wireless technologies and information theory for applications ranging from health care and self-driving cars to machine learning, neuroscience, and interconnected systems.
Stephen Harris Chair Professor of Electrical Engineering,
- Dr. Stefania Bartoletti, (2016 Young Scholar; Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellow, University of Ferrara)
- Dr. Aakanksha Chowdhery (2012 Young Scholar; Software Engineer, Machine Learning, at Google) (tentative)
- Dr. Vasuki Narasimha Swamy (2019 Young Scholar; Research Scientist, Intel Labs)
Time-tested approaches to bringing technology and ideas to life.
Marconi Fellow; Marconi Society Chair; Chief Internet Evangelist, Google
- Dr. Joseph Kakande (2011 Young Scholar; Founder, Elgon Technologies)
- Dr. Ken Pesyna (2016 Young Scholar; Location Software Engineer)
- Dr. Hao Zou (2008 Young Scholar; Chair Professor, Tsinghua University; Visiting Professor, Stanford University; Founder of Tsimage Medical Technology and Abundy Inc.)
2019 Marconi Society Awards Dinner and Gala
May 17, 2019, 6:00 – 9:30 pm – Hiller Aviation Museum, San Carlos, CA
The 2019 Marconi Awards Dinner on May 17 honors cryptographers Taher Elgamal and Paul Kocher for their contributions to Internet communication security by developing SSL / TLS and other key contributions. Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholars also receive their awards. If you wish to receive an invitation, please contact Hatti Hamlin.
Save the Dates
April 23 – 26, 2019
The Sixth Annual Brooklyn 5G Summit, NYU Tandon School of Engineering. Speakers include Marconi Society friends Ted Rappaport and Tom Marzetta. For more information, click here.
May 3, 2018
National Inventors Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, National Building Museum, Washington D. C., honoring Marconi Fellows A. J. Paulraj and Ron Rivest. To read more about the 2018 Inductees, click here.
May 11, 2018
IEEE Honor Ceremony at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco honoring Marconi Fellow Brad Parkinson with the IEEE Medal of Honor.
June 18 – 22, 2018
2018 International Symposium on Information Theory in Vail, Colorado will honor Marconi Fellow Gottfried Ungerboeck with the prestigious Claude E. Shannon Award. Dr. Ungerboeck will deliver a plenary presentation.