Marconi Fellows Selection Criteria
The Marconi Society’s Selection Advisory Committee evaluates all nominations and makes its recommendations to the Marconi Society Board of Directors, which has responsibility for the final selection of the Marconi Prize recipient.
The Selection Advisory Committee’s recommendations are informed by the candidate’s contributions in the following areas:
- The scientific importance of the nominee’s work
- The practical impact of the nominee’s work in terms of broad and diverse use of their innovations
- The nominee’s humanitarian contributions to digital inclusivity and both technical and non-technical contributions to making the opportunities of digital connectivity available to everyone
- The nominee’s entrepreneurial contributions, reflecting the creativity and entrepreneurship that made Guglielmo Marconi’s innovations widely available
Please assemble the following information before filling out the online nomination form. You will not be able to save a partially completed form:
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae
- The nominee’s publication list (including patents) together with copies of at most two of his/her major publications
- A list of awards and honors received by the nominee
- The current address and contact information for the nominee
- At least two references in addition to the nominator, from recognized individuals who have substantial knowledge of the candidate’s work (up to five are permitted.) No more than two of the nominator/references can have been affiliated with the candidate’s institution(s) in the past five years (nominator plus one reference). In addition, you will need:
- A proposed award citation for the nominee
- A description of the scientific and practical importance of the individual’s work
- A description of the measurable positive impact the nominee has had on a community as a leader in the design, development and / or deployment of new communications technologies or public policies.
- A description of the measurable positive impact the nominee has had on a community as a leader in the design, development and / or deployment of new communications technologies or public policies that promote social development, reduce the impact of disasters, conflicts or social crises and promote ethical and inclusive principles.
- A description of nominee’s entrepreneurial achievements including organizations founded, leadership roles and board positions.